Jul 3, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
The Mets could use some bullpen help. The Brewers have two guys who, at various times, have been considered Professional Closers. So why not get the band back together? Ken Davidoff of the Post:
The Mets want to upgrade their bullpen, and the Brewers’ Francisco Rodriguez is on their list of targets, a person familiar with the club’s thinking said yesterday.
Yes, Francisco Rodriguez. As in “K-Rod.” The only major league player, so far, to get arrested at Citi Field.
Davidoff notes, correctly in my view, that it’s not a crazy idea. The Brewers may soon be in sell-mode, the Mets know what they’d be getting in Rodriguez, the asking price would be pretty small and the upside would be pretty big.
That sound you hear is all of the New York sporting press sighing in relief that the low-drama Mets of 2012 may soon get interesting again.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 15
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 21
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 6
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 63
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games