Jul 3, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
The Mets could use some bullpen help. The Brewers have two guys who, at various times, have been considered Professional Closers. So why not get the band back together? Ken Davidoff of the Post:
The Mets want to upgrade their bullpen, and the Brewers’ Francisco Rodriguez is on their list of targets, a person familiar with the club’s thinking said yesterday.
Yes, Francisco Rodriguez. As in “K-Rod.” The only major league player, so far, to get arrested at Citi Field.
Davidoff notes, correctly in my view, that it’s not a crazy idea. The Brewers may soon be in sell-mode, the Mets know what they’d be getting in Rodriguez, the asking price would be pretty small and the upside would be pretty big.
That sound you hear is all of the New York sporting press sighing in relief that the low-drama Mets of 2012 may soon get interesting again.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 48
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)