Jul 3, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
The Mets could use some bullpen help. The Brewers have two guys who, at various times, have been considered Professional Closers. So why not get the band back together? Ken Davidoff of the Post:
The Mets want to upgrade their bullpen, and the Brewers’ Francisco Rodriguez is on their list of targets, a person familiar with the club’s thinking said yesterday.
Yes, Francisco Rodriguez. As in “K-Rod.” The only major league player, so far, to get arrested at Citi Field.
Davidoff notes, correctly in my view, that it’s not a crazy idea. The Brewers may soon be in sell-mode, the Mets know what they’d be getting in Rodriguez, the asking price would be pretty small and the upside would be pretty big.
That sound you hear is all of the New York sporting press sighing in relief that the low-drama Mets of 2012 may soon get interesting again.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)