Jul 3, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
Those Fightin’ Phils continue to get healthier.
He felt no abnormal discomfort during or after the workout and is on pace to return to Philadelphia’s starting rotation shortly after the All-Star break.
The Phillies seem comfortable with the idea of allowing Halladay to skip a minor league rehab assignment, instead having him get stretched out in simulated games.
“Doc” had a 3.98 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 56/14 K/BB ratio in 72 1/3 innings before straining his right lat.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)