Jul 3, 2012, 7:41 PM EDT
Those Fightin’ Phils continue to get healthier.
He felt no abnormal discomfort during or after the workout and is on pace to return to Philadelphia’s starting rotation shortly after the All-Star break.
The Phillies seem comfortable with the idea of allowing Halladay to skip a minor league rehab assignment, instead having him get stretched out in simulated games.
“Doc” had a 3.98 ERA, 1.15 WHIP and 56/14 K/BB ratio in 72 1/3 innings before straining his right lat.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)