Jul 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Despite missing a ton of time to the DL, Pablo Sandoval beat out David Wright for the starting third baseman’s job in this year’s All-Star Game. Mets GM Sandy Alderson took to Twitter to try to explain that:
ASG election of “Kung Fu Panda” shows the value of a cute nickname. Surprised Giants fans didn’t elect a “ball dude” to start at 3B.
— Sandy Alderson (@MetsGM) July 3, 2012
Well, Sandy, if your fans showed up like the Giants fans did, both at the ballpark and at the online ballot box, you wouldn’t have anything to complain about.
It’s fan voting. You let fans vote, you accept whatever results you get.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)