Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
With runners on first and second and one out in the third inning in the game against the Marlins on Tuesday, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez hit a deep fly to center that got over the head of Justin Ruggiano. It led to this scene.
What happened was that Norichika Aoki, who was on second, got deked by Ruggiano on the play. Ryan Braun, the trail runner, knew all along that it was going over Ruggiano’s head, but Aoki got held up between second and third initially.
The end result was the Brewers scoring a pair of runs in somewhere between three-tenths and four-tenths of a second. Marlins catcher John Buck almost had a play on Braun, but he was a little late with his dive to home plate.
You can watch the video at MLB.com.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)