Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
With runners on first and second and one out in the third inning in the game against the Marlins on Tuesday, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez hit a deep fly to center that got over the head of Justin Ruggiano. It led to this scene.
What happened was that Norichika Aoki, who was on second, got deked by Ruggiano on the play. Ryan Braun, the trail runner, knew all along that it was going over Ruggiano’s head, but Aoki got held up between second and third initially.
The end result was the Brewers scoring a pair of runs in somewhere between three-tenths and four-tenths of a second. Marlins catcher John Buck almost had a play on Braun, but he was a little late with his dive to home plate.
You can watch the video at MLB.com.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)