Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EST
With runners on first and second and one out in the third inning in the game against the Marlins on Tuesday, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez hit a deep fly to center that got over the head of Justin Ruggiano. It led to this scene.
What happened was that Norichika Aoki, who was on second, got deked by Ruggiano on the play. Ryan Braun, the trail runner, knew all along that it was going over Ruggiano’s head, but Aoki got held up between second and third initially.
The end result was the Brewers scoring a pair of runs in somewhere between three-tenths and four-tenths of a second. Marlins catcher John Buck almost had a play on Braun, but he was a little late with his dive to home plate.
You can watch the video at MLB.com.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)