Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
With runners on first and second and one out in the third inning in the game against the Marlins on Tuesday, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez hit a deep fly to center that got over the head of Justin Ruggiano. It led to this scene.
What happened was that Norichika Aoki, who was on second, got deked by Ruggiano on the play. Ryan Braun, the trail runner, knew all along that it was going over Ruggiano’s head, but Aoki got held up between second and third initially.
The end result was the Brewers scoring a pair of runs in somewhere between three-tenths and four-tenths of a second. Marlins catcher John Buck almost had a play on Braun, but he was a little late with his dive to home plate.
You can watch the video at MLB.com.
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 0
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 33
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 59
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 70
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 44
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)