Jul 3, 2012, 5:35 PM EDT
With runners on first and second and one out in the third inning in the game against the Marlins on Tuesday, Brewers third baseman Aramis Ramirez hit a deep fly to center that got over the head of Justin Ruggiano. It led to this scene.
What happened was that Norichika Aoki, who was on second, got deked by Ruggiano on the play. Ryan Braun, the trail runner, knew all along that it was going over Ruggiano’s head, but Aoki got held up between second and third initially.
The end result was the Brewers scoring a pair of runs in somewhere between three-tenths and four-tenths of a second. Marlins catcher John Buck almost had a play on Braun, but he was a little late with his dive to home plate.
You can watch the video at MLB.com.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 28
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 96
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 72
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 72
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)