Jul 3, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
They’ve been talking about parting ways, and now they have: The Red Sox announced today that have reached a contract termination settlement with Bobby Jenks and have given him his unconditional release.
It was a two-year, $12 million deal that saw Jenks pitch in 19 games, suffer a horrible back injury and then experience what may very well have been some horrible medical malpractice. Then Jenks went and got popped for drunk driving.
Now they go their separate ways. Ending those troubled times, caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 30
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 56
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)