Jul 3, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
They’ve been talking about parting ways, and now they have: The Red Sox announced today that have reached a contract termination settlement with Bobby Jenks and have given him his unconditional release.
It was a two-year, $12 million deal that saw Jenks pitch in 19 games, suffer a horrible back injury and then experience what may very well have been some horrible medical malpractice. Then Jenks went and got popped for drunk driving.
Now they go their separate ways. Ending those troubled times, caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 16
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 79
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful