Jul 3, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
They’ve been talking about parting ways, and now they have: The Red Sox announced today that have reached a contract termination settlement with Bobby Jenks and have given him his unconditional release.
It was a two-year, $12 million deal that saw Jenks pitch in 19 games, suffer a horrible back injury and then experience what may very well have been some horrible medical malpractice. Then Jenks went and got popped for drunk driving.
Now they go their separate ways. Ending those troubled times, caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 99
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 73
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 47
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (101)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)