Jul 3, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
They’ve been talking about parting ways, and now they have: The Red Sox announced today that have reached a contract termination settlement with Bobby Jenks and have given him his unconditional release.
It was a two-year, $12 million deal that saw Jenks pitch in 19 games, suffer a horrible back injury and then experience what may very well have been some horrible medical malpractice. Then Jenks went and got popped for drunk driving.
Now they go their separate ways. Ending those troubled times, caught between confusions and pain, pain, pain.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 43
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 43
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 141
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (143)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)