Jul 3, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
I’ve been on vacation for a week while attending the annual Society for American Baseball Research convention for the ninth consecutive summer.
If you’ve ever wondered what exactly goes on at a SABR convention–and be honest, you probably have several semi-insulting questions–I wrote up a star-studded (Terry Ryan! Jose Mijares! Salvador Perez! Sean Forman!), picture-filled, and booze-drenched recap over at my personal blog:
Admittedly my convention-going experience probably includes a lot more Jameson and a lot less actual SABR than most, but hopefully that paints a decent (and albeit very pasty) picture.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 53
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 38
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 43
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims