Jul 3, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
I’ve been on vacation for a week while attending the annual Society for American Baseball Research convention for the ninth consecutive summer.
If you’ve ever wondered what exactly goes on at a SABR convention–and be honest, you probably have several semi-insulting questions–I wrote up a star-studded (Terry Ryan! Jose Mijares! Salvador Perez! Sean Forman!), picture-filled, and booze-drenched recap over at my personal blog:
Admittedly my convention-going experience probably includes a lot more Jameson and a lot less actual SABR than most, but hopefully that paints a decent (and albeit very pasty) picture.
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 5
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 33
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 52
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)