Jul 3, 2012, 11:51 AM EST
I’ve been on vacation for a week while attending the annual Society for American Baseball Research convention for the ninth consecutive summer.
If you’ve ever wondered what exactly goes on at a SABR convention–and be honest, you probably have several semi-insulting questions–I wrote up a star-studded (Terry Ryan! Jose Mijares! Salvador Perez! Sean Forman!), picture-filled, and booze-drenched recap over at my personal blog:
Admittedly my convention-going experience probably includes a lot more Jameson and a lot less actual SABR than most, but hopefully that paints a decent (and albeit very pasty) picture.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)