Jul 3, 2012, 6:39 PM EST
Ohman and his $2.5 million salary predictably passed through waivers unclaimed, but now that he’s available for a prorated share of the minimum salary the left-hander should be able to draw some offers.
Ohman’s overall numbers are terrible with a 6.41 ERA in 27 innings, but he held left-handed hitters to a .182 batting average and had a 3.78 ERA with 97 strikeouts in 95 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Rosenthal: Mariners’ offer to Robinson Cano hasn’t topped $200 million 11
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (134)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)