Jul 3, 2012, 6:39 PM EST
Ohman and his $2.5 million salary predictably passed through waivers unclaimed, but now that he’s available for a prorated share of the minimum salary the left-hander should be able to draw some offers.
Ohman’s overall numbers are terrible with a 6.41 ERA in 27 innings, but he held left-handed hitters to a .182 batting average and had a 3.78 ERA with 97 strikeouts in 95 innings during the previous two seasons.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 65
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (237)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)