Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
Yasmani Grandal’s debut on Saturday was historic, hitting home runs from both sides of the plate for his first two major league hits. His Monday was pretty good too.
Grandal came up in the seventh after going 0 for 3 in his first three at bats. But then he hit a homer to left off Mike Zagurski, making his first three major league hits homers. Dude killed everyone’s buzz by only singling in the ninth, lowering his slugging percentage to a measly .929.
Hope he hasn’t peaked.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)