Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
Yasmani Grandal’s debut on Saturday was historic, hitting home runs from both sides of the plate for his first two major league hits. His Monday was pretty good too.
Grandal came up in the seventh after going 0 for 3 in his first three at bats. But then he hit a homer to left off Mike Zagurski, making his first three major league hits homers. Dude killed everyone’s buzz by only singling in the ninth, lowering his slugging percentage to a measly .929.
Hope he hasn’t peaked.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 27
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 19
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 34
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)