Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
Yasmani Grandal’s debut on Saturday was historic, hitting home runs from both sides of the plate for his first two major league hits. His Monday was pretty good too.
Grandal came up in the seventh after going 0 for 3 in his first three at bats. But then he hit a homer to left off Mike Zagurski, making his first three major league hits homers. Dude killed everyone’s buzz by only singling in the ninth, lowering his slugging percentage to a measly .929.
Hope he hasn’t peaked.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (352)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)