Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 AM EDT
Yasmani Grandal’s debut on Saturday was historic, hitting home runs from both sides of the plate for his first two major league hits. His Monday was pretty good too.
Grandal came up in the seventh after going 0 for 3 in his first three at bats. But then he hit a homer to left off Mike Zagurski, making his first three major league hits homers. Dude killed everyone’s buzz by only singling in the ninth, lowering his slugging percentage to a measly .929.
Hope he hasn’t peaked.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 17
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 45
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)