Jul 3, 2012, 8:51 AM EST
Yasmani Grandal’s debut on Saturday was historic, hitting home runs from both sides of the plate for his first two major league hits. His Monday was pretty good too.
Grandal came up in the seventh after going 0 for 3 in his first three at bats. But then he hit a homer to left off Mike Zagurski, making his first three major league hits homers. Dude killed everyone’s buzz by only singling in the ninth, lowering his slugging percentage to a measly .929.
Hope he hasn’t peaked.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (95)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)