Jul 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Poor Brian Roberts.
After missing more than a year recovering from multiple concussions and also dealing with back problems in recent years the former All-Star second baseman has returned to the disabled list with a new injury.
Roberts strained his groin Sunday, sat out Monday’s game, and was put on the shelf yesterday after playing just 17 games in between DL stints. He went 12-for-66 (.182) with zero extra-base hits during that time.
Robert Andino, who filled in for Roberts during most of last season, is once again the Orioles’ primary second baseman. Roberts was once among the most durable players in the league, but he’s played just 115 of a possible 404 games since the beginning of 2010.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)