Jul 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EST
Poor Brian Roberts.
After missing more than a year recovering from multiple concussions and also dealing with back problems in recent years the former All-Star second baseman has returned to the disabled list with a new injury.
Roberts strained his groin Sunday, sat out Monday’s game, and was put on the shelf yesterday after playing just 17 games in between DL stints. He went 12-for-66 (.182) with zero extra-base hits during that time.
Robert Andino, who filled in for Roberts during most of last season, is once again the Orioles’ primary second baseman. Roberts was once among the most durable players in the league, but he’s played just 115 of a possible 404 games since the beginning of 2010.
- Grant Balfour’s deal with Orioles in “serious jeopardy” due to shoulder issue 12
- Report: Rakuten will not allow Masahiro Tanaka come to the United States 63
- Mariners showing “continued interest” in Ervin Santana 10
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! 89
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 4