Jul 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Poor Brian Roberts.
After missing more than a year recovering from multiple concussions and also dealing with back problems in recent years the former All-Star second baseman has returned to the disabled list with a new injury.
Roberts strained his groin Sunday, sat out Monday’s game, and was put on the shelf yesterday after playing just 17 games in between DL stints. He went 12-for-66 (.182) with zero extra-base hits during that time.
Robert Andino, who filled in for Roberts during most of last season, is once again the Orioles’ primary second baseman. Roberts was once among the most durable players in the league, but he’s played just 115 of a possible 404 games since the beginning of 2010.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 24
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 20
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 107
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (128)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (108)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)