Jul 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Poor Brian Roberts.
After missing more than a year recovering from multiple concussions and also dealing with back problems in recent years the former All-Star second baseman has returned to the disabled list with a new injury.
Roberts strained his groin Sunday, sat out Monday’s game, and was put on the shelf yesterday after playing just 17 games in between DL stints. He went 12-for-66 (.182) with zero extra-base hits during that time.
Robert Andino, who filled in for Roberts during most of last season, is once again the Orioles’ primary second baseman. Roberts was once among the most durable players in the league, but he’s played just 115 of a possible 404 games since the beginning of 2010.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?