Jul 4, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Poor Brian Roberts.
After missing more than a year recovering from multiple concussions and also dealing with back problems in recent years the former All-Star second baseman has returned to the disabled list with a new injury.
Roberts strained his groin Sunday, sat out Monday’s game, and was put on the shelf yesterday after playing just 17 games in between DL stints. He went 12-for-66 (.182) with zero extra-base hits during that time.
Robert Andino, who filled in for Roberts during most of last season, is once again the Orioles’ primary second baseman. Roberts was once among the most durable players in the league, but he’s played just 115 of a possible 404 games since the beginning of 2010.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)