Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
OK, so saying this is related to baseball is admittedly a stretch, but it’s a holiday and I’m working and … well, whatever. Humor me.
I was watching the season premier of Louie last night–I would have watched it earlier, but I was on vacation–and the actress playing his girlfriend looked really familiar, except I couldn’t place her. It turns out her name is Gaby Hoffmann and she’s been in a whole bunch of stuff over the years, but I recognized her from being in Field of Dreams two decades ago … as Kevin Costner’s daughter.
Seriously. Gaby Hoffmann, who played the little daughter in Field of Dreams, played Louis C.K.’s girlfriend on Louie. How is this not a bigger deal?
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)