Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
OK, so saying this is related to baseball is admittedly a stretch, but it’s a holiday and I’m working and … well, whatever. Humor me.
I was watching the season premier of Louie last night–I would have watched it earlier, but I was on vacation–and the actress playing his girlfriend looked really familiar, except I couldn’t place her. It turns out her name is Gaby Hoffmann and she’s been in a whole bunch of stuff over the years, but I recognized her from being in Field of Dreams two decades ago … as Kevin Costner’s daughter.
Seriously. Gaby Hoffmann, who played the little daughter in Field of Dreams, played Louis C.K.’s girlfriend on Louie. How is this not a bigger deal?
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)