Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
OK, so saying this is related to baseball is admittedly a stretch, but it’s a holiday and I’m working and … well, whatever. Humor me.
I was watching the season premier of Louie last night–I would have watched it earlier, but I was on vacation–and the actress playing his girlfriend looked really familiar, except I couldn’t place her. It turns out her name is Gaby Hoffmann and she’s been in a whole bunch of stuff over the years, but I recognized her from being in Field of Dreams two decades ago … as Kevin Costner’s daughter.
Seriously. Gaby Hoffmann, who played the little daughter in Field of Dreams, played Louis C.K.’s girlfriend on Louie. How is this not a bigger deal?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 45
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 23
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 42
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)