Jul 4, 2012, 11:49 AM EDT
OK, so saying this is related to baseball is admittedly a stretch, but it’s a holiday and I’m working and … well, whatever. Humor me.
I was watching the season premier of Louie last night–I would have watched it earlier, but I was on vacation–and the actress playing his girlfriend looked really familiar, except I couldn’t place her. It turns out her name is Gaby Hoffmann and she’s been in a whole bunch of stuff over the years, but I recognized her from being in Field of Dreams two decades ago … as Kevin Costner’s daughter.
Seriously. Gaby Hoffmann, who played the little daughter in Field of Dreams, played Louis C.K.’s girlfriend on Louie. How is this not a bigger deal?
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (252)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)