Jul 4, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup today for the third straight game because of a knee injury and told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’s unlikely to return before Friday, putting his status for the All-Star game in some doubt.
Stanton indicated that he’ll skip the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby if he’s not able to return for this weekend’s series versus the Cardinals. For now the Marlins are waiting on the results of an MRI exam.
According to Stanton the injury occurred Monday when he was standing in the outfield: “I was getting my legs and arms ready, just to throw somebody out, anticipating it, and bending my legs it kind of just locked up on me.”
That’s a new one, certainly.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)