Jul 4, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup today for the third straight game because of a knee injury and told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’s unlikely to return before Friday, putting his status for the All-Star game in some doubt.
Stanton indicated that he’ll skip the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby if he’s not able to return for this weekend’s series versus the Cardinals. For now the Marlins are waiting on the results of an MRI exam.
According to Stanton the injury occurred Monday when he was standing in the outfield: “I was getting my legs and arms ready, just to throw somebody out, anticipating it, and bending my legs it kind of just locked up on me.”
That’s a new one, certainly.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy