Jul 4, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup today for the third straight game because of a knee injury and told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’s unlikely to return before Friday, putting his status for the All-Star game in some doubt.
Stanton indicated that he’ll skip the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby if he’s not able to return for this weekend’s series versus the Cardinals. For now the Marlins are waiting on the results of an MRI exam.
According to Stanton the injury occurred Monday when he was standing in the outfield: “I was getting my legs and arms ready, just to throw somebody out, anticipating it, and bending my legs it kind of just locked up on me.”
That’s a new one, certainly.
- Update: Luis Avilan loses Aaron Harang’s no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 3
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 36
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Yasiel Puig does all of the Yasiel Puig things in the same inning 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)