Jul 4, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Giancarlo Stanton is out of the Marlins’ lineup today for the third straight game because of a knee injury and told Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald that he’s unlikely to return before Friday, putting his status for the All-Star game in some doubt.
Stanton indicated that he’ll skip the All-Star game and the Home Run Derby if he’s not able to return for this weekend’s series versus the Cardinals. For now the Marlins are waiting on the results of an MRI exam.
According to Stanton the injury occurred Monday when he was standing in the outfield: “I was getting my legs and arms ready, just to throw somebody out, anticipating it, and bending my legs it kind of just locked up on me.”
That’s a new one, certainly.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)