Jul 4, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
Out since May 23 with a knee injury, Travis Hafner is off the disabled list and back in the Indians’ lineup for today’s game against the Angels.
Hafner was plenty productive before the injury, hitting .242 with six homers and an .819 OPS in 39 games, but the 35-year-old designated hitter hasn’t been able to stay healthy and has missed at least one-third of every season since 2008.
Hafner jumped right back into the cleanup spot for Cleveland and he figures to play nearly every day for as long as he can hold up physically after the Indians cycled numerous players through the DH spot in his absence.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)