Jul 4, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
Out since May 23 with a knee injury, Travis Hafner is off the disabled list and back in the Indians’ lineup for today’s game against the Angels.
Hafner was plenty productive before the injury, hitting .242 with six homers and an .819 OPS in 39 games, but the 35-year-old designated hitter hasn’t been able to stay healthy and has missed at least one-third of every season since 2008.
Hafner jumped right back into the cleanup spot for Cleveland and he figures to play nearly every day for as long as he can hold up physically after the Indians cycled numerous players through the DH spot in his absence.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17