Jul 4, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
Out since May 23 with a knee injury, Travis Hafner is off the disabled list and back in the Indians’ lineup for today’s game against the Angels.
Hafner was plenty productive before the injury, hitting .242 with six homers and an .819 OPS in 39 games, but the 35-year-old designated hitter hasn’t been able to stay healthy and has missed at least one-third of every season since 2008.
Hafner jumped right back into the cleanup spot for Cleveland and he figures to play nearly every day for as long as he can hold up physically after the Indians cycled numerous players through the DH spot in his absence.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 97
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 16
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39