Jul 4, 2012, 2:08 PM EDT
Out since May 23 with a knee injury, Travis Hafner is off the disabled list and back in the Indians’ lineup for today’s game against the Angels.
Hafner was plenty productive before the injury, hitting .242 with six homers and an .819 OPS in 39 games, but the 35-year-old designated hitter hasn’t been able to stay healthy and has missed at least one-third of every season since 2008.
Hafner jumped right back into the cleanup spot for Cleveland and he figures to play nearly every day for as long as he can hold up physically after the Indians cycled numerous players through the DH spot in his absence.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)