Jul 4, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
The 28-year-old first baseman has posted a brutal .202/.250/.306 batting line with just three home runs and 17 RBI in 196 plate apperances this season. It’s a slump that dates back to the middle of the 2011 campaign.
Lee is going to serve as Miami’s starter at first base going forward — likely through the end of 2012.
Sanchez will have to impress on the farm in order to climb back up and claim a bench job in the second half.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)