Jul 4, 2012, 7:29 PM EST
From MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat comes word that Cubs starter Ryan Dempster threw an intensive bullpen session Wednesday afternoon at Atlanta’s Turner Field and could return to the Chicago starting rotation on Sunday in New York if he experiences no lingering soreness in the aftermath of the workout.
Dempster was placed on the disabled list June 16 with tightness in his right latissimus dorsi muscle.
The 35-year-old has registered a superb 2.11 ERA, 1.03 WHIP and 66/22 K/BB ratio in 81 innings this season. He’ll be one of the Cubs’ better trade chips as the July 31 non-waiver deadline approaches.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 104
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 32
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 259
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (106)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)