Jul 5, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million deal when he was drafted, so unless he invests in night clubs, record labels and large entourages, he’s probably not gonna need a second job one day. But if he does work in another field, he knows which one it will be:
If you weren’t playing ball, what would you be doing?
Bryce: I’d probably be a firefighter. Ever since I was growing up, I wanted to be a firefighter or a baseball player. Going into the offseason, I’m going to get my EMT and do the firefighting thing so I have something to fall back on.
Coincidence has it that I am writing today from a spare office at a university department that trains EMTs. Think I’m gonna ask how a November-January EMT training program would go for him and how well-received the rich ballplayer would be in the classes.
Oh, and remember this?
(link via Deadspin)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)