Jul 5, 2012, 3:31 PM EST
Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million deal when he was drafted, so unless he invests in night clubs, record labels and large entourages, he’s probably not gonna need a second job one day. But if he does work in another field, he knows which one it will be:
If you weren’t playing ball, what would you be doing?
Bryce: I’d probably be a firefighter. Ever since I was growing up, I wanted to be a firefighter or a baseball player. Going into the offseason, I’m going to get my EMT and do the firefighting thing so I have something to fall back on.
Coincidence has it that I am writing today from a spare office at a university department that trains EMTs. Think I’m gonna ask how a November-January EMT training program would go for him and how well-received the rich ballplayer would be in the classes.
Oh, and remember this?
(link via Deadspin)
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (133)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)