Jul 5, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million deal when he was drafted, so unless he invests in night clubs, record labels and large entourages, he’s probably not gonna need a second job one day. But if he does work in another field, he knows which one it will be:
If you weren’t playing ball, what would you be doing?
Bryce: I’d probably be a firefighter. Ever since I was growing up, I wanted to be a firefighter or a baseball player. Going into the offseason, I’m going to get my EMT and do the firefighting thing so I have something to fall back on.
Coincidence has it that I am writing today from a spare office at a university department that trains EMTs. Think I’m gonna ask how a November-January EMT training program would go for him and how well-received the rich ballplayer would be in the classes.
Oh, and remember this?
(link via Deadspin)
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)