Jul 5, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Bryce Harper signed a $9.9 million deal when he was drafted, so unless he invests in night clubs, record labels and large entourages, he’s probably not gonna need a second job one day. But if he does work in another field, he knows which one it will be:
If you weren’t playing ball, what would you be doing?
Bryce: I’d probably be a firefighter. Ever since I was growing up, I wanted to be a firefighter or a baseball player. Going into the offseason, I’m going to get my EMT and do the firefighting thing so I have something to fall back on.
Coincidence has it that I am writing today from a spare office at a university department that trains EMTs. Think I’m gonna ask how a November-January EMT training program would go for him and how well-received the rich ballplayer would be in the classes.
Oh, and remember this?
(link via Deadspin)
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (118)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)