Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Dodgers’ speedster Dee Gordon left last night’s game against the Reds after hurting himself while sliding into third base on a steal. The diagnosis: dislocated thumb. He’s going to get an MRI today, but dislocated thumbs hurt, y’all, so he’s going to miss some time no matter what’s going on with it.
Not that it’s a tremendous loss for L.A. Gordon has been horrific this season, hitting .229/.280/.282 while committing 17 errors at shortstop.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)