Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Dodgers’ speedster Dee Gordon left last night’s game against the Reds after hurting himself while sliding into third base on a steal. The diagnosis: dislocated thumb. He’s going to get an MRI today, but dislocated thumbs hurt, y’all, so he’s going to miss some time no matter what’s going on with it.
Not that it’s a tremendous loss for L.A. Gordon has been horrific this season, hitting .229/.280/.282 while committing 17 errors at shortstop.
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 26
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 7
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 7
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 29
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 32
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)