Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Dodgers’ speedster Dee Gordon left last night’s game against the Reds after hurting himself while sliding into third base on a steal. The diagnosis: dislocated thumb. He’s going to get an MRI today, but dislocated thumbs hurt, y’all, so he’s going to miss some time no matter what’s going on with it.
Not that it’s a tremendous loss for L.A. Gordon has been horrific this season, hitting .229/.280/.282 while committing 17 errors at shortstop.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)