Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Dodgers’ speedster Dee Gordon left last night’s game against the Reds after hurting himself while sliding into third base on a steal. The diagnosis: dislocated thumb. He’s going to get an MRI today, but dislocated thumbs hurt, y’all, so he’s going to miss some time no matter what’s going on with it.
Not that it’s a tremendous loss for L.A. Gordon has been horrific this season, hitting .229/.280/.282 while committing 17 errors at shortstop.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 53
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 33
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)