Jul 5, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Dodgers’ speedster Dee Gordon left last night’s game against the Reds after hurting himself while sliding into third base on a steal. The diagnosis: dislocated thumb. He’s going to get an MRI today, but dislocated thumbs hurt, y’all, so he’s going to miss some time no matter what’s going on with it.
Not that it’s a tremendous loss for L.A. Gordon has been horrific this season, hitting .229/.280/.282 while committing 17 errors at shortstop.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)