Jul 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Because of the All-Star break and the DL stint being retroactive to his last action on June 27 he’ll be eligible to return for the first game of the second half, although that’s no sure thing considering how often oblique injuries linger.
Ethier, who signed a five-year, $85 million contract extension in mid-June, was hitting .291 with 10 homers and an .848 OPS in 75 games when he suffered the injury on a check swing.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)