Jul 5, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia tore a muscle in the thumb in late May and missed six games. Then he landed funny on it on Tuesday night, sat out yesterday’s game and now he needs more tests on it, which he’ll get on today’s offday. Bobby Valentine isn’t worried, though:
“Not really hurt. I just think he needs these two days, and so does he,” manager Bobby Valentine said. “He’s a little stiff here and there.”
Pedroia says it’s in a different area from where it was hurt before, but that the team told him to sit out of an abundance of caution.
Bright spot: more Nick Punto. And who doesn’t want that?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17