Jul 5, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Dustin Pedroia tore a muscle in the thumb in late May and missed six games. Then he landed funny on it on Tuesday night, sat out yesterday’s game and now he needs more tests on it, which he’ll get on today’s offday. Bobby Valentine isn’t worried, though:
“Not really hurt. I just think he needs these two days, and so does he,” manager Bobby Valentine said. “He’s a little stiff here and there.”
Pedroia says it’s in a different area from where it was hurt before, but that the team told him to sit out of an abundance of caution.
Bright spot: more Nick Punto. And who doesn’t want that?
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 57
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 223
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (224)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)