Jul 5, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia tore a muscle in the thumb in late May and missed six games. Then he landed funny on it on Tuesday night, sat out yesterday’s game and now he needs more tests on it, which he’ll get on today’s offday. Bobby Valentine isn’t worried, though:
“Not really hurt. I just think he needs these two days, and so does he,” manager Bobby Valentine said. “He’s a little stiff here and there.”
Pedroia says it’s in a different area from where it was hurt before, but that the team told him to sit out of an abundance of caution.
Bright spot: more Nick Punto. And who doesn’t want that?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11