Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
When the Blue Jays became the third team to employ Jamie Moyer this season, the word was that his contract called for him to make two starts. He had the second of those starts on Tuesday. Here, via the Toronto Star, are the results:
In two starts with the Las Vegas 51s, Moyer is 1-1 with a 8.18 ERA through 11 innings. He gave up 17 hits, 10 runs and three home runs in those 11 innings, and opposition batters were hitting .340 off him.
No word on his release, but it has to be inevitable. And when it happens, I think Moyer — sadly — has to call it a career.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)