Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
When the Blue Jays became the third team to employ Jamie Moyer this season, the word was that his contract called for him to make two starts. He had the second of those starts on Tuesday. Here, via the Toronto Star, are the results:
In two starts with the Las Vegas 51s, Moyer is 1-1 with a 8.18 ERA through 11 innings. He gave up 17 hits, 10 runs and three home runs in those 11 innings, and opposition batters were hitting .340 off him.
No word on his release, but it has to be inevitable. And when it happens, I think Moyer — sadly — has to call it a career.
- Mariners sign Corey Hart 14
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 31
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 18
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (112)