Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
When the Blue Jays became the third team to employ Jamie Moyer this season, the word was that his contract called for him to make two starts. He had the second of those starts on Tuesday. Here, via the Toronto Star, are the results:
In two starts with the Las Vegas 51s, Moyer is 1-1 with a 8.18 ERA through 11 innings. He gave up 17 hits, 10 runs and three home runs in those 11 innings, and opposition batters were hitting .340 off him.
No word on his release, but it has to be inevitable. And when it happens, I think Moyer — sadly — has to call it a career.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 57
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 110
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)