Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 AM EST
When the Blue Jays became the third team to employ Jamie Moyer this season, the word was that his contract called for him to make two starts. He had the second of those starts on Tuesday. Here, via the Toronto Star, are the results:
In two starts with the Las Vegas 51s, Moyer is 1-1 with a 8.18 ERA through 11 innings. He gave up 17 hits, 10 runs and three home runs in those 11 innings, and opposition batters were hitting .340 off him.
No word on his release, but it has to be inevitable. And when it happens, I think Moyer — sadly — has to call it a career.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)