Jul 5, 2012, 8:52 AM EDT
When the Blue Jays became the third team to employ Jamie Moyer this season, the word was that his contract called for him to make two starts. He had the second of those starts on Tuesday. Here, via the Toronto Star, are the results:
In two starts with the Las Vegas 51s, Moyer is 1-1 with a 8.18 ERA through 11 innings. He gave up 17 hits, 10 runs and three home runs in those 11 innings, and opposition batters were hitting .340 off him.
No word on his release, but it has to be inevitable. And when it happens, I think Moyer — sadly — has to call it a career.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 24
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48