Jul 5, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
Kevin Youkilis is doing just fine with the change of scenery.
Last night he singled home Alejandro De Aza in the bottom of the 10th to break a 4-4 and give the White Sox a walkoff win. He finished his night 2-for-4 with a walk.
So far since the trade he’s 11 for 36 (.306) with a homer and nine RBI since being traded by Boston. No, that’s not on his previous All-Star pace quite yet, but being given regular, daily playing time seems to agree with Youk thus far. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he continues to improve all season long.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)