Jul 5, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
Kevin Youkilis is doing just fine with the change of scenery.
Last night he singled home Alejandro De Aza in the bottom of the 10th to break a 4-4 and give the White Sox a walkoff win. He finished his night 2-for-4 with a walk.
So far since the trade he’s 11 for 36 (.306) with a homer and nine RBI since being traded by Boston. No, that’s not on his previous All-Star pace quite yet, but being given regular, daily playing time seems to agree with Youk thus far. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he continues to improve all season long.
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 3
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 3
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 28
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 20
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)