Jul 5, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
Kevin Youkilis is doing just fine with the change of scenery.
Last night he singled home Alejandro De Aza in the bottom of the 10th to break a 4-4 and give the White Sox a walkoff win. He finished his night 2-for-4 with a walk.
So far since the trade he’s 11 for 36 (.306) with a homer and nine RBI since being traded by Boston. No, that’s not on his previous All-Star pace quite yet, but being given regular, daily playing time seems to agree with Youk thus far. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he continues to improve all season long.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 4
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 19
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 37
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (186)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)