Jul 5, 2012, 9:41 AM EDT
Kevin Youkilis is doing just fine with the change of scenery.
Last night he singled home Alejandro De Aza in the bottom of the 10th to break a 4-4 and give the White Sox a walkoff win. He finished his night 2-for-4 with a walk.
So far since the trade he’s 11 for 36 (.306) with a homer and nine RBI since being traded by Boston. No, that’s not on his previous All-Star pace quite yet, but being given regular, daily playing time seems to agree with Youk thus far. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he continues to improve all season long.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 3
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 15
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (143)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)