Jul 5, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Matt Joyce was slated to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rays’ lineup this weekend, but had to leave yesterday’s minor-league rehab game at Triple-A after tweaking his lower back.
Joyce is on the DL because of a strained oblique muscle and Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune notes that lower back soreness was the initial symptom of the oblique problems.
Joyce had three plate appearances before leaving in what was supposed to be the first of two rehab games. At this point it seems safe to assume that he won’t return until after the All-Star break.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)