Jul 5, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
Matt Joyce was slated to come off the disabled list and rejoin the Rays’ lineup this weekend, but had to leave yesterday’s minor-league rehab game at Triple-A after tweaking his lower back.
Joyce is on the DL because of a strained oblique muscle and Roger Mooney of the Tampa Tribune notes that lower back soreness was the initial symptom of the oblique problems.
Joyce had three plate appearances before leaving in what was supposed to be the first of two rehab games. At this point it seems safe to assume that he won’t return until after the All-Star break.
- Report: Mariners break off talks with Robinson Cano after Jay Z “overplayed his hand” 45
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 86
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (99)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (86)