Jul 5, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Of course, hitting A-ball pitchers is not gonna be much of a trick even for a rusty Matt Kemp, so the key is how he looks on the base paths. That’s fine too, it seems, as he legged out a double yesterday with no apparent hamstring stress.
The Dodgers have sank like a stone without Kemp, but assuming he stays on pace and comes back right after the All-Star break, they’ll get a boost soon.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)