Jul 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
One would assume that the Astros had to eat a lot of money in order to trade Carlos Lee. And ate it they did. Almost all of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins are only playing the pro-rated minimum salary for Lee for the remainder of the season, leaving Houston on the hook for around all $9 million that is left.
Houston is getting Matt Dominguez and Rob Rasmussen so it wasn’t a mere salary dump, but the fact is that almost no salary is being dumped at all.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8