Jul 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
One would assume that the Astros had to eat a lot of money in order to trade Carlos Lee. And ate it they did. Almost all of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins are only playing the pro-rated minimum salary for Lee for the remainder of the season, leaving Houston on the hook for around all $9 million that is left.
Houston is getting Matt Dominguez and Rob Rasmussen so it wasn’t a mere salary dump, but the fact is that almost no salary is being dumped at all.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)