Jul 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
One would assume that the Astros had to eat a lot of money in order to trade Carlos Lee. And ate it they did. Almost all of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins are only playing the pro-rated minimum salary for Lee for the remainder of the season, leaving Houston on the hook for around all $9 million that is left.
Houston is getting Matt Dominguez and Rob Rasmussen so it wasn’t a mere salary dump, but the fact is that almost no salary is being dumped at all.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 10
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 59
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 41
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106