Jul 5, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
One would assume that the Astros had to eat a lot of money in order to trade Carlos Lee. And ate it they did. Almost all of it. Jon Heyman reports that the Marlins are only playing the pro-rated minimum salary for Lee for the remainder of the season, leaving Houston on the hook for around all $9 million that is left.
Houston is getting Matt Dominguez and Rob Rasmussen so it wasn’t a mere salary dump, but the fact is that almost no salary is being dumped at all.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 7
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)