Jul 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs “will listen” for trade offers on Bryan LaHair.
Overall LaHair is having a pretty fantastic season, hitting .293/.371/.536 with 14 home runs. But (a) he’s slumping like crazy lately and (b) he is being pushed off his natural first base position by Anthony Rizzo.
And for as depressing as this may be for Cubs fans, at age 29 is not likely to be a key part of the next winning Cubs team, so it would not be a bad thing for the Cubs to try to get a younger player at a position where they’re thin.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld