Jul 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs “will listen” for trade offers on Bryan LaHair.
Overall LaHair is having a pretty fantastic season, hitting .293/.371/.536 with 14 home runs. But (a) he’s slumping like crazy lately and (b) he is being pushed off his natural first base position by Anthony Rizzo.
And for as depressing as this may be for Cubs fans, at age 29 is not likely to be a key part of the next winning Cubs team, so it would not be a bad thing for the Cubs to try to get a younger player at a position where they’re thin.
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 12
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 16
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 12
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 58
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 21
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld