Jul 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs “will listen” for trade offers on Bryan LaHair.
Overall LaHair is having a pretty fantastic season, hitting .293/.371/.536 with 14 home runs. But (a) he’s slumping like crazy lately and (b) he is being pushed off his natural first base position by Anthony Rizzo.
And for as depressing as this may be for Cubs fans, at age 29 is not likely to be a key part of the next winning Cubs team, so it would not be a bad thing for the Cubs to try to get a younger player at a position where they’re thin.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 50
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 211
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (211)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld