Jul 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs “will listen” for trade offers on Bryan LaHair.
Overall LaHair is having a pretty fantastic season, hitting .293/.371/.536 with 14 home runs. But (a) he’s slumping like crazy lately and (b) he is being pushed off his natural first base position by Anthony Rizzo.
And for as depressing as this may be for Cubs fans, at age 29 is not likely to be a key part of the next winning Cubs team, so it would not be a bad thing for the Cubs to try to get a younger player at a position where they’re thin.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 11
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 26
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 50
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 64
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld