Jul 5, 2012, 1:00 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that the Cubs “will listen” for trade offers on Bryan LaHair.
Overall LaHair is having a pretty fantastic season, hitting .293/.371/.536 with 14 home runs. But (a) he’s slumping like crazy lately and (b) he is being pushed off his natural first base position by Anthony Rizzo.
And for as depressing as this may be for Cubs fans, at age 29 is not likely to be a key part of the next winning Cubs team, so it would not be a bad thing for the Cubs to try to get a younger player at a position where they’re thin.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 3
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 17
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld