Jul 6, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Macy’s started selling Yankees Cologne a few months ago. And it’s a big hit:
Industry sources said Cloudbreak will sell $12 million to $14 million of the Yankees cologne — $62 for a 3.4-ounce bottle — and the similarly priced “Yankees For Her” perfume by year’s end. Cloudbreak Group CEO Tom Butkiewicz would not confirm dollar figures, but said sales were on track to exceed initial projections by an astounding 40 percent.
I haven’t smelled the stuff, but for some reason I just assume it smells like my freshman year roommates. Those guys would roll out of bed, pick up a shirt off the dorm room floor and just douse the hell out of it in Claiborne for Men. So some combination of body odor, musty, dusty dorm floor and Claiborne. Has to be that.
The success of this stuff has MLB wanting to license scents for other teams too. Quick: anyone have any ideas what an Atlanta Braves cologne would smell like? How about the Mets? Philly? The mind, and the nose, reels …
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)