Jul 6, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Macy’s started selling Yankees Cologne a few months ago. And it’s a big hit:
Industry sources said Cloudbreak will sell $12 million to $14 million of the Yankees cologne — $62 for a 3.4-ounce bottle — and the similarly priced “Yankees For Her” perfume by year’s end. Cloudbreak Group CEO Tom Butkiewicz would not confirm dollar figures, but said sales were on track to exceed initial projections by an astounding 40 percent.
I haven’t smelled the stuff, but for some reason I just assume it smells like my freshman year roommates. Those guys would roll out of bed, pick up a shirt off the dorm room floor and just douse the hell out of it in Claiborne for Men. So some combination of body odor, musty, dusty dorm floor and Claiborne. Has to be that.
The success of this stuff has MLB wanting to license scents for other teams too. Quick: anyone have any ideas what an Atlanta Braves cologne would smell like? How about the Mets? Philly? The mind, and the nose, reels …
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 52
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11