Jul 6, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
St. Louis will be without Yadier Molina for the final series of the first half, as the Cardinals placed the All-Star catcher on the bereavement list prior to tonight’s game against the Marlins.
Triple-A catcher Bryan Anderson was called up from Memphis to take Molina’s roster spot, but the former fourth-round pick has seen his stock plummet while hitting .210 in 64 games this season.
Molina has started 71 of 83 games, with backup Tony Cruz drawing the other 12 starts. No word yet on whether Molina’s status for the All-Star game could be in question.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)