Jul 6, 2012, 5:22 PM EDT
St. Louis will be without Yadier Molina for the final series of the first half, as the Cardinals placed the All-Star catcher on the bereavement list prior to tonight’s game against the Marlins.
Triple-A catcher Bryan Anderson was called up from Memphis to take Molina’s roster spot, but the former fourth-round pick has seen his stock plummet while hitting .210 in 64 games this season.
Molina has started 71 of 83 games, with backup Tony Cruz drawing the other 12 starts. No word yet on whether Molina’s status for the All-Star game could be in question.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 22
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)