Jul 6, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Daniel Bard’s trip back to the minors to get his head back on straight is not working. And last night he may have had his worst outing so far this year, majors or minors.
He cam in to last night’s game with two men on and no one out. Then he hit the first batter he faced, allowed a two-run double, hit another batter and then gave up an RBI single. That was his whole outing. He threw 20 pitches, just 8 for strikes, and threw two wild pitches.
One has to wonder whether the year’s struggles are the result of an injury or morphing into Steve Blass Syndrome or something else equally scary.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)