Jul 6, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Daniel Bard’s trip back to the minors to get his head back on straight is not working. And last night he may have had his worst outing so far this year, majors or minors.
He cam in to last night’s game with two men on and no one out. Then he hit the first batter he faced, allowed a two-run double, hit another batter and then gave up an RBI single. That was his whole outing. He threw 20 pitches, just 8 for strikes, and threw two wild pitches.
One has to wonder whether the year’s struggles are the result of an injury or morphing into Steve Blass Syndrome or something else equally scary.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 40
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 44
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months