Jul 6, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Daniel Bard’s trip back to the minors to get his head back on straight is not working. And last night he may have had his worst outing so far this year, majors or minors.
He cam in to last night’s game with two men on and no one out. Then he hit the first batter he faced, allowed a two-run double, hit another batter and then gave up an RBI single. That was his whole outing. He threw 20 pitches, just 8 for strikes, and threw two wild pitches.
One has to wonder whether the year’s struggles are the result of an injury or morphing into Steve Blass Syndrome or something else equally scary.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 3
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 136
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (146)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)