Jul 6, 2012, 11:02 AM EST
Daniel Bard’s trip back to the minors to get his head back on straight is not working. And last night he may have had his worst outing so far this year, majors or minors.
He cam in to last night’s game with two men on and no one out. Then he hit the first batter he faced, allowed a two-run double, hit another batter and then gave up an RBI single. That was his whole outing. He threw 20 pitches, just 8 for strikes, and threw two wild pitches.
One has to wonder whether the year’s struggles are the result of an injury or morphing into Steve Blass Syndrome or something else equally scary.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 80
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 26
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (79)