Jul 6, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Out since undergoing spring training surgery to remove a bone chip from his elbow, Drew Storen began a minor-league rehab assignment last night at Single-A.
Mark Zuckerman of CSNWashington.com reports that Storen tossed a scoreless inning and needed just eight pitches to get three outs. It was such a brief outing that Storen actually went back to the bullpen afterward and threw more pitches.
He’s slated to make at least three more appearances in the minors before potentially returning to the Nationals, although with Tyler Clippard thriving as Washington’s closer Storen will have to settle for being a setup man after saving 43 games last season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (81)