Jul 6, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Back when Neftali Feliz went on the disabled list with an elbow injury in mid-May the Rangers had so much rotation depth that there was speculation he’d return as a reliever.
Since then Feliz has been joined on the DL by Colby Lewis, Derek Holland, and Alexi Ogando–and Roy Oswalt has been knocked around–so not surprisingly Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that Feliz “will be stretched out as a starter” again.
That likely means a longer minor-league rehab assignment, as Feliz will have to build back his arm strength instead of simply being ready for one-inning appearances. So far he’s progressed to throwing bullpen sessions and Davison indicates that Lewis may still beat Feliz back from the DL.
Ogando may also beat Feliz back from injury, but Ogando is being prepped as a reliever again after initially being asked to step into the injury wrecked rotation.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 14
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 17
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8