Jul 6, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Every year Scott Miller of CBS Sports.com puts out his version of the Razzies to Major League Baseball’s Oscars. It’s his Anti-All Stars team, collecting the worst and dimmest the league had to offer at each position. His new one is out now.
Montero is one of only 10 DHs with more than 130 at-bats and, as a DH, he’s hitting .192 with two homers and 13 RBI. Throw in his ABs while catching, and this stat is more difficult to choke down than a mouthful of cauliflower: Montero collected exactly one (1) RBI in the entire month of June, in 23 games.
But at times like these I do remember something my old boss at the law firm used to say: anyone can lose a small case. It takes a great lawyer to lose a huge one. You laugh, but the core of truth to that little quip is that you have to be pretty good to begin with to be put in a position to fail so spectacularly. That applies to face-planting major leaguers too.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 19
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)