Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
One spot anyway.
Ichiro went hitless in a fifth straight game Friday, tying the longest streak of his career. He previously went hitless in five straight in 2006.
Overall, Ichiro is hitting .258/.286/.351 in 345 at-bats. Only J.J. Hardy has made more outs this season. He’s been particularly dreadful against left-handers, hitting .233/.235/.264 in 129 at-bats, so the Mariners’ should be seriously considering making him a platoon player, at least until he starts hitting.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)