Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
One spot anyway.
Ichiro went hitless in a fifth straight game Friday, tying the longest streak of his career. He previously went hitless in five straight in 2006.
Overall, Ichiro is hitting .258/.286/.351 in 345 at-bats. Only J.J. Hardy has made more outs this season. He’s been particularly dreadful against left-handers, hitting .233/.235/.264 in 129 at-bats, so the Mariners’ should be seriously considering making him a platoon player, at least until he starts hitting.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 11
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 65
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 57
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 147
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)