Jul 7, 2012, 8:14 PM EDT
One spot anyway.
Ichiro went hitless in a fifth straight game Friday, tying the longest streak of his career. He previously went hitless in five straight in 2006.
Overall, Ichiro is hitting .258/.286/.351 in 345 at-bats. Only J.J. Hardy has made more outs this season. He’s been particularly dreadful against left-handers, hitting .233/.235/.264 in 129 at-bats, so the Mariners’ should be seriously considering making him a platoon player, at least until he starts hitting.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 11
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)