Jul 7, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is going up against the big boys.
The Pirates center fielder, who is listed at 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds, was named as Giancarlo Stanton‘s replacement in Monday’s Home Run Derby.
McCutchen is tied for sixth in the National League with 16 homers this season, putting him on pace to smash his previous high of 23 homers from last season. All 16 homers have come since May 8, as he went homerless in his first 25 games of the season.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 39
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106