Jul 7, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is going up against the big boys.
The Pirates center fielder, who is listed at 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds, was named as Giancarlo Stanton‘s replacement in Monday’s Home Run Derby.
McCutchen is tied for sixth in the National League with 16 homers this season, putting him on pace to smash his previous high of 23 homers from last season. All 16 homers have come since May 8, as he went homerless in his first 25 games of the season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)