Jul 7, 2012, 9:26 PM EDT
Andrew McCutchen is going up against the big boys.
The Pirates center fielder, who is listed at 5-foot-10 and 175 pounds, was named as Giancarlo Stanton‘s replacement in Monday’s Home Run Derby.
McCutchen is tied for sixth in the National League with 16 homers this season, putting him on pace to smash his previous high of 23 homers from last season. All 16 homers have come since May 8, as he went homerless in his first 25 games of the season.
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 9
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 11
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 177
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 34
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 87
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (182)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)