Jul 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Hunter Pence bowled over third-base coach Juan Samuel on his way to scoring the Phillies’ first run Saturday night against the Braves.
Pence was on second with one out in the second when Juan Pierre hit a double to right. Apparently stunned by the rare extra-base hit from Pierre, Samuel found himself too close to the third-base line as Pence made a wide turn around the bag and ended up head over heels afterwards.
This is typically the part of the entry in which I’d provide a screen grab, but since it’s FOX time, the game isn’t available online.
Unlike the rest of the Phillies, Samuel wasn’t interested in laughing it off afterwards. In fact, he appeared pretty upset. Still, it was his own fault that he got put on his butt. Fortunately, Pence was able to score without incident after running through him.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 35
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)