Jul 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Hunter Pence bowled over third-base coach Juan Samuel on his way to scoring the Phillies’ first run Saturday night against the Braves.
Pence was on second with one out in the second when Juan Pierre hit a double to right. Apparently stunned by the rare extra-base hit from Pierre, Samuel found himself too close to the third-base line as Pence made a wide turn around the bag and ended up head over heels afterwards.
This is typically the part of the entry in which I’d provide a screen grab, but since it’s FOX time, the game isn’t available online.
Unlike the rest of the Phillies, Samuel wasn’t interested in laughing it off afterwards. In fact, he appeared pretty upset. Still, it was his own fault that he got put on his butt. Fortunately, Pence was able to score without incident after running through him.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32