Jul 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EDT
Hunter Pence bowled over third-base coach Juan Samuel on his way to scoring the Phillies’ first run Saturday night against the Braves.
Pence was on second with one out in the second when Juan Pierre hit a double to right. Apparently stunned by the rare extra-base hit from Pierre, Samuel found himself too close to the third-base line as Pence made a wide turn around the bag and ended up head over heels afterwards.
This is typically the part of the entry in which I’d provide a screen grab, but since it’s FOX time, the game isn’t available online.
Unlike the rest of the Phillies, Samuel wasn’t interested in laughing it off afterwards. In fact, he appeared pretty upset. Still, it was his own fault that he got put on his butt. Fortunately, Pence was able to score without incident after running through him.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)