Jul 7, 2012, 8:50 PM EST
Hunter Pence bowled over third-base coach Juan Samuel on his way to scoring the Phillies’ first run Saturday night against the Braves.
Pence was on second with one out in the second when Juan Pierre hit a double to right. Apparently stunned by the rare extra-base hit from Pierre, Samuel found himself too close to the third-base line as Pence made a wide turn around the bag and ended up head over heels afterwards.
This is typically the part of the entry in which I’d provide a screen grab, but since it’s FOX time, the game isn’t available online.
Unlike the rest of the Phillies, Samuel wasn’t interested in laughing it off afterwards. In fact, he appeared pretty upset. Still, it was his own fault that he got put on his butt. Fortunately, Pence was able to score without incident after running through him.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)