Jul 7, 2012, 9:15 AM EST
Luke Scott finally got a hit last night.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against the Indians, Scott connected for a two-run home run off Justin Masterson in the top of the fifth inning. The homer broke an 0-for-41 hitless streak which dated back to June 2.
“Just take a 300-pound gorilla and pull it off my back. Just been a lot of weight. A lot of pressure. And I hope this is the start of getting back on track.”
Scott finished five at-bats shy of the major-league record for a position player, which was set when Eugenio Velez went hitless in 46 at-bats between the Giants and Dodgers from 2010 to 2011.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27