Jul 7, 2012, 9:15 AM EDT
Luke Scott finally got a hit last night.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against the Indians, Scott connected for a two-run home run off Justin Masterson in the top of the fifth inning. The homer broke an 0-for-41 hitless streak which dated back to June 2.
“Just take a 300-pound gorilla and pull it off my back. Just been a lot of weight. A lot of pressure. And I hope this is the start of getting back on track.”
Scott finished five at-bats shy of the major-league record for a position player, which was set when Eugenio Velez went hitless in 46 at-bats between the Giants and Dodgers from 2010 to 2011.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)