Jul 8, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
David Freese was hit by two pitches Saturday and one left him with a bruised left leg, causing him to be scratched from Sunday’s lineup. As of right now, he’s still a go for Kansas City on Tuesday, but that could change. Freese won the Final Vote to become the fourth third baseman on the NL All-Star squad.
Matt Carpenter replaced Freese in the Cardinals’ lineup today.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 6
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 27
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 19
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)