Jul 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson won’t take part in Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Kansas City because of a blister on his middle finger, and the White Sox just announced that Jake Peavy has replaced him on the American League roster.
Peavy was the obvious choice to step in for any AL pitcher. The right-hander ranks fifth in the AL in ERA, third in WHIP and fifth in strikeouts.
Wilson has made all of his starts for the Angels this season, going 9-5 with a 2.43 ERA. He last pitched Friday, giving up three runs over seven innings in a loss to the Orioles.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)