Jul 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson won’t take part in Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Kansas City because of a blister on his middle finger, and the White Sox just announced that Jake Peavy has replaced him on the American League roster.
Peavy was the obvious choice to step in for any AL pitcher. The right-hander ranks fifth in the AL in ERA, third in WHIP and fifth in strikeouts.
Wilson has made all of his starts for the Angels this season, going 9-5 with a 2.43 ERA. He last pitched Friday, giving up three runs over seven innings in a loss to the Orioles.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)