Jul 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EST
Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson won’t take part in Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Kansas City because of a blister on his middle finger, and the White Sox just announced that Jake Peavy has replaced him on the American League roster.
Peavy was the obvious choice to step in for any AL pitcher. The right-hander ranks fifth in the AL in ERA, third in WHIP and fifth in strikeouts.
Wilson has made all of his starts for the Angels this season, going 9-5 with a 2.43 ERA. He last pitched Friday, giving up three runs over seven innings in a loss to the Orioles.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (93)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)