Jul 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson won’t take part in Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Kansas City because of a blister on his middle finger, and the White Sox just announced that Jake Peavy has replaced him on the American League roster.
Peavy was the obvious choice to step in for any AL pitcher. The right-hander ranks fifth in the AL in ERA, third in WHIP and fifth in strikeouts.
Wilson has made all of his starts for the Angels this season, going 9-5 with a 2.43 ERA. He last pitched Friday, giving up three runs over seven innings in a loss to the Orioles.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)