Jul 8, 2012, 5:38 PM EDT
Angels left-hander C.J. Wilson won’t take part in Tuesday’s All-Star Game in Kansas City because of a blister on his middle finger, and the White Sox just announced that Jake Peavy has replaced him on the American League roster.
Peavy was the obvious choice to step in for any AL pitcher. The right-hander ranks fifth in the AL in ERA, third in WHIP and fifth in strikeouts.
Wilson has made all of his starts for the Angels this season, going 9-5 with a 2.43 ERA. He last pitched Friday, giving up three runs over seven innings in a loss to the Orioles.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)