Jul 8, 2012, 9:56 PM EDT
It only happens once a decade or so, but Derek Jeter dropped a pop up in the first inning Sunday night, giving the Red Sox an early run.
It couldn’t have been a more routine play for Jeter, and he’s always been one of the game’s best shortstops when it comes to handling flyballs. Typically, Alex Rodriguez defers to him on anything in the air. Starting pitcher Ivan Nova was already halfway to the dugout when Jeter dropped it, and his eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the ball hit the ground.
Unfortunately, there’s no clip yet, since it’s an ESPN national game.
The error was Jeter’s eighth of the year.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)