Jul 8, 2012, 11:07 AM EDT
Dustin Pedroia was placed on the disabled list with a hyperextended right thumb and according to Rob Bradford of WEEI.com the former MVP received second and third opinions from doctors who confirmed the initial diagnosis.
Pedroia is currently wearing a cast on his hand, but made a big deal about what a quick healer he’s always been and told reporters he expects to be back in the Red Sox’s lineup in “a few weeks.”
Of course, prior to suffering the new thumb injury Pedroia had been playing through a partially torn muscle in the same thumb since May and his production declined significantly, so he may want to take a little extra time off to make sure he’s healed before returning at less than full strength again.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)