Jul 8, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez left Sunday’s game against the Cardinals with a cut on his finger, the result of him hitting a fan in the dugout.
“Very stupid injury,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “Very immature. … You make an out, you hit something and you injure it, you don’t just hurt yourself, you hurt the ballclub.”
Ramirez received two stitches near the knuckle of his ring finger after hitting the fan. He expects to play Friday when play resumes after the All-Star break.
Ramirez injured himself after grounding out in the sixth inning with the Marlins down 2-1. Miami later took a 4-2 lead, but the Cardinals went on to win 5-4 after coming back off Heath Bell in the bottom of the the ninth.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)