Jul 8, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez left Sunday’s game against the Cardinals with a cut on his finger, the result of him hitting a fan in the dugout.
“Very stupid injury,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “Very immature. … You make an out, you hit something and you injure it, you don’t just hurt yourself, you hurt the ballclub.”
Ramirez received two stitches near the knuckle of his ring finger after hitting the fan. He expects to play Friday when play resumes after the All-Star break.
Ramirez injured himself after grounding out in the sixth inning with the Marlins down 2-1. Miami later took a 4-2 lead, but the Cardinals went on to win 5-4 after coming back off Heath Bell in the bottom of the the ninth.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)