Jul 8, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez left Sunday’s game against the Cardinals with a cut on his finger, the result of him hitting a fan in the dugout.
“Very stupid injury,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “Very immature. … You make an out, you hit something and you injure it, you don’t just hurt yourself, you hurt the ballclub.”
Ramirez received two stitches near the knuckle of his ring finger after hitting the fan. He expects to play Friday when play resumes after the All-Star break.
Ramirez injured himself after grounding out in the sixth inning with the Marlins down 2-1. Miami later took a 4-2 lead, but the Cardinals went on to win 5-4 after coming back off Heath Bell in the bottom of the the ninth.
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 40
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 10
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 44
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 6
- Rafael Soriano calls out Bryce Harper for the game-tying triple last night 60
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months