Jul 8, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez left Sunday’s game against the Cardinals with a cut on his finger, the result of him hitting a fan in the dugout.
“Very stupid injury,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “Very immature. … You make an out, you hit something and you injure it, you don’t just hurt yourself, you hurt the ballclub.”
Ramirez received two stitches near the knuckle of his ring finger after hitting the fan. He expects to play Friday when play resumes after the All-Star break.
Ramirez injured himself after grounding out in the sixth inning with the Marlins down 2-1. Miami later took a 4-2 lead, but the Cardinals went on to win 5-4 after coming back off Heath Bell in the bottom of the the ninth.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 21
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)