Jul 8, 2012, 6:31 PM EDT
Hanley Ramirez left Sunday’s game against the Cardinals with a cut on his finger, the result of him hitting a fan in the dugout.
“Very stupid injury,” manager Ozzie Guillen said. “Very immature. … You make an out, you hit something and you injure it, you don’t just hurt yourself, you hurt the ballclub.”
Ramirez received two stitches near the knuckle of his ring finger after hitting the fan. He expects to play Friday when play resumes after the All-Star break.
Ramirez injured himself after grounding out in the sixth inning with the Marlins down 2-1. Miami later took a 4-2 lead, but the Cardinals went on to win 5-4 after coming back off Heath Bell in the bottom of the the ninth.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)