Jon Rauch turns car accident into Jeep advertisement

Jul 8, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT

Jon Rauch's Jeep

Reliever Jon Rauch was unhurt after being involved in a two-car accident following the Mets’ loss Sunday. He took to twitter afterwards:

It sounds like that other guy’s car never had a chance. It needs to go play women’s sports.

1. DJ MC - Jul 8, 2012 at 10:52 PM

A friend of mine, getting his first used car, bought a 1984 Ford Bronco. Fifteen years old, solid steel, got about eight miles per gallon. Great car.

One day, a guy driving a sports car didn’t pay attention as he pulled through an intersection and T-boned my friend right in the driver’s door. Fortunately no one was hurt, but the sports car was totaled. The Bronco? A small dent in the door, unnoticeable unless you knew where to look.

They don’t make them like that anymore.

That said, I’m glad everyone is OK.

• umrguy42 - Jul 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

When I was a senior in high school, the guy I was carpooling with had a ’78 Ford Ranchero (Ford’s version of the Chevy El Camino). I used to comment that I felt safe in any collision short of with a semi on the passenger-side door.

2. finswins - Jul 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM

Rauch needs to play women’s sports.

3. mybrunoblog - Jul 8, 2012 at 11:07 PM

Am I the only thinking that some NYPD precinct commander is going to get a call tomorrow morning.
    Something like this “2.5 hours response time to a motor vehicle accident? Explain!”

4. townballblog - Jul 8, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Hahaha! I see what you’re doing there at the end, Pouliot

• jlovenotjlo - Jul 9, 2012 at 1:02 AM

I dunno ’bout you, but I lol-ed

• townballblog - Jul 17, 2012 at 7:18 PM

haha, I just did again.

5. cur68 - Jul 9, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Can you imagine the guy in the Merc S-Class after the accident? Gets out of his car, full of fire, ready to have a go at the idiot in the jeep and . . . Jon Rauch, listed at 6’11″ and 290lbs on baseballref, more tats than herd of gang members and with those crazy bath-salts eyes, gets out of the jeep. Yep. I can see Mr. Merc S-Class calming down in a hurry.

6. christos99 - Jul 9, 2012 at 4:05 AM

As a loyal, die hard Mets fan… Selfishly (based on your seasons performance) I almost wish you endured a non career, but Mets season ending injury… That way, you couldn’t blow and lose anymore games…

7. Jonny 5 - Jul 9, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Growing up a lunatic who enjoyed drinking and crash up derbies on my friend’s farm just about every weekend, I can attest to the fact that a Delta 88 Oldsmobile can indeed drive straight through a Honda Civic. It may not make it through it the first time, but by the second or third try the Oldsmobile went right through that poor little car.

Three legends off to Cooperstown