Jul 8, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
It’s not often a guy can give up six runs in three and a third innings and say that he improved over his last start, but Tim Lincecum can. Five days after giving up eight runs in three and a third innings to the Nationals, Lincecum went out today against the Pirates and gave up six runs in three and a third.
Not that this “improvement” is cause for celebration, for it simply means that Lincecum’s nightmare season shows no sign of stopping.
And now that he’s matched Zito in one way, it’s time to ask a question about him that has often been asked of Zito over the years: how much longer can the Giants just keep running him out there?
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 68
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 7
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)