Jul 8, 2012, 4:55 PM EDT
It’s not often a guy can give up six runs in three and a third innings and say that he improved over his last start, but Tim Lincecum can. Five days after giving up eight runs in three and a third innings to the Nationals, Lincecum went out today against the Pirates and gave up six runs in three and a third.
Not that this “improvement” is cause for celebration, for it simply means that Lincecum’s nightmare season shows no sign of stopping.
And now that he’s matched Zito in one way, it’s time to ask a question about him that has often been asked of Zito over the years: how much longer can the Giants just keep running him out there?
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims