Jul 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes has been banged up basically all season, missing time with hamstring, knee, and hand injuries. And now you can add a sprained left thumb to that list, as the A’s outfielder exited yesterday’s first-half finale after hurting his thumb sliding into second base.
At least this injury comes at a good time, as Cespedes has four days to heal before the A’s resume play Friday in Minnesota.
In between all the injuries he’s had a very solid rookie season, hitting .263 with nine homers, 11 doubles, and a .790 OPS in 54 games to begin a four-year, $36 million contract.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 168
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (170)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)