Jul 9, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes has been banged up basically all season, missing time with hamstring, knee, and hand injuries. And now you can add a sprained left thumb to that list, as the A’s outfielder exited yesterday’s first-half finale after hurting his thumb sliding into second base.
At least this injury comes at a good time, as Cespedes has four days to heal before the A’s resume play Friday in Minnesota.
In between all the injuries he’s had a very solid rookie season, hitting .263 with nine homers, 11 doubles, and a .790 OPS in 54 games to begin a four-year, $36 million contract.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 50
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 62
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)