Jul 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
In case you missed it Friday and over the course of the weekend, HBT’s Drew Silva is on the scene in Kansas City for the All-Star festivities and has been filing reports. So far he has four installments: uno, dos, tres, quatro.
As is usually the case when one of the HBT crew leaves his mother’s basement, it’s a mix of travelogue and reportage. And beer and stuff too. The point, we figure, is to give you guys a taste of what you as fans are missing and can’t necessarily get from reading the reports of actual reporters who don’t care about grokking the scene and hoisting the moist as much as we do.
Anyway, it’s good stuff. Make sure you catch up and keep following Mr. Silva’s missives.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 0
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 75
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 118
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 21
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (117)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)