Jul 9, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
In case you missed it Friday and over the course of the weekend, HBT’s Drew Silva is on the scene in Kansas City for the All-Star festivities and has been filing reports. So far he has four installments: uno, dos, tres, quatro.
As is usually the case when one of the HBT crew leaves his mother’s basement, it’s a mix of travelogue and reportage. And beer and stuff too. The point, we figure, is to give you guys a taste of what you as fans are missing and can’t necessarily get from reading the reports of actual reporters who don’t care about grokking the scene and hoisting the moist as much as we do.
Anyway, it’s good stuff. Make sure you catch up and keep following Mr. Silva’s missives.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 16
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 40
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)