Jul 9, 2012, 2:55 PM EDT
As of this morning there were seven unsigned first-round picks with Friday’s deadline looming, but Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the Cubs and No. 6 overall pick Albert Almora have agreed to terms.
Almora, a high school outfielder from Florida, hinted from the outset that he’d be difficult to get under contract and sure enough according to Callis he ended up getting $3.9 million compared to the slot value of $3.25 million.
For a complete list of the unsigned first-rounders, click here.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 15
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 22
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)