Jul 9, 2012, 2:55 PM EST
As of this morning there were seven unsigned first-round picks with Friday’s deadline looming, but Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the Cubs and No. 6 overall pick Albert Almora have agreed to terms.
Almora, a high school outfielder from Florida, hinted from the outset that he’d be difficult to get under contract and sure enough according to Callis he ended up getting $3.9 million compared to the slot value of $3.25 million.
For a complete list of the unsigned first-rounders, click here.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)