Jul 9, 2012, 2:55 PM EST
As of this morning there were seven unsigned first-round picks with Friday’s deadline looming, but Jim Callis of Baseball America reports that the Cubs and No. 6 overall pick Albert Almora have agreed to terms.
Almora, a high school outfielder from Florida, hinted from the outset that he’d be difficult to get under contract and sure enough according to Callis he ended up getting $3.9 million compared to the slot value of $3.25 million.
For a complete list of the unsigned first-rounders, click here.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)