Jul 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
However, he remained in the game and afterward told reporters that the muscle spasms are “no big deal” and “happens all the time.”
Joe Girardi described the issue as “a cramp in his shoulder” and “just a little cramp, a little spasm,” so it appears as though no one is particularly worried about the 38-year-old shortstop. Oh, and he had three hits last night to finish the first half with a .308 batting average and .765 OPS, both of which are better than his 2010 and 2011 totals.
Jeter will start the All-Star game tomorrow night in Kansas City, making the American League team for the 13th time in 17 full seasons.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (90)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)