Jul 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
However, he remained in the game and afterward told reporters that the muscle spasms are “no big deal” and “happens all the time.”
Joe Girardi described the issue as “a cramp in his shoulder” and “just a little cramp, a little spasm,” so it appears as though no one is particularly worried about the 38-year-old shortstop. Oh, and he had three hits last night to finish the first half with a .308 batting average and .765 OPS, both of which are better than his 2010 and 2011 totals.
Jeter will start the All-Star game tomorrow night in Kansas City, making the American League team for the 13th time in 17 full seasons.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)