Jul 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
However, he remained in the game and afterward told reporters that the muscle spasms are “no big deal” and “happens all the time.”
Joe Girardi described the issue as “a cramp in his shoulder” and “just a little cramp, a little spasm,” so it appears as though no one is particularly worried about the 38-year-old shortstop. Oh, and he had three hits last night to finish the first half with a .308 batting average and .765 OPS, both of which are better than his 2010 and 2011 totals.
Jeter will start the All-Star game tomorrow night in Kansas City, making the American League team for the 13th time in 17 full seasons.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45