Jul 9, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
My memory kind of stinks, but I was surprised to read that this was his first one. I figured that he had to have started last year after being Superman and everything, but he started on the Sunday before the All-Star Game last season and thus was but a spectator.
Nice honor for a guy who, despite having a 9-5 record with a 2.58 ERA and a WHIP of 0.950 has seemed almost overlooked at times this season.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (119)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)