Jul 9, 2012, 8:53 AM EDT
My memory kind of stinks, but I was surprised to read that this was his first one. I figured that he had to have started last year after being Superman and everything, but he started on the Sunday before the All-Star Game last season and thus was but a spectator.
Nice honor for a guy who, despite having a 9-5 record with a 2.58 ERA and a WHIP of 0.950 has seemed almost overlooked at times this season.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39