Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Gardner has been out since mid-April with a sprained elbow, suffering multiple setbacks along the way after initially being given a two-week recovery timetable.
Cashman revealed that the left fielder has progressed to swinging off a tee, but that doesn’t mean much considering Gardner had previously progressed to starting a minor-league rehab assignment before being shut down again.
Between all his setbacks and Andruw Jones‘ recent strong play the Yankees will obviously play it very safe with Gardner’s new timetable.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 47
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 81
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 51
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 95
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (95)