Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Gardner has been out since mid-April with a sprained elbow, suffering multiple setbacks along the way after initially being given a two-week recovery timetable.
Cashman revealed that the left fielder has progressed to swinging off a tee, but that doesn’t mean much considering Gardner had previously progressed to starting a minor-league rehab assignment before being shut down again.
Between all his setbacks and Andruw Jones‘ recent strong play the Yankees will obviously play it very safe with Gardner’s new timetable.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 110
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 64
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)