Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Gardner has been out since mid-April with a sprained elbow, suffering multiple setbacks along the way after initially being given a two-week recovery timetable.
Cashman revealed that the left fielder has progressed to swinging off a tee, but that doesn’t mean much considering Gardner had previously progressed to starting a minor-league rehab assignment before being shut down again.
Between all his setbacks and Andruw Jones‘ recent strong play the Yankees will obviously play it very safe with Gardner’s new timetable.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)