Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 PM EST
Gardner has been out since mid-April with a sprained elbow, suffering multiple setbacks along the way after initially being given a two-week recovery timetable.
Cashman revealed that the left fielder has progressed to swinging off a tee, but that doesn’t mean much considering Gardner had previously progressed to starting a minor-league rehab assignment before being shut down again.
Between all his setbacks and Andruw Jones‘ recent strong play the Yankees will obviously play it very safe with Gardner’s new timetable.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27