Jul 10, 2012, 5:27 PM EDT
Gardner has been out since mid-April with a sprained elbow, suffering multiple setbacks along the way after initially being given a two-week recovery timetable.
Cashman revealed that the left fielder has progressed to swinging off a tee, but that doesn’t mean much considering Gardner had previously progressed to starting a minor-league rehab assignment before being shut down again.
Between all his setbacks and Andruw Jones‘ recent strong play the Yankees will obviously play it very safe with Gardner’s new timetable.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)