Jul 10, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brad Como of SNY reports that tests on Gee revealed a clot in the artery of his right shoulder.
UPDATE #2: Gee will be placed on the disabled list and is expected to remain in the hospital for another day or two while doctors monitor the clot after they used a catheter to break it up.
“They aren’t sure what it is yet,” Collins told Rubin, adding that Gee is scheduled to undergo an angiogram and further testing.
Gee was admitted to the hospital Monday and Rubin talked to an unnamed Mets teammate who said “the issue was believed to be blood-related in Gee’s shoulder.”
Gee, who’s emerged as a solid mid-rotation starter for the Mets at age 26 and threw 110 innings with a 4.10 ERA and 97/29 K/BB ratio in the first half, is lined up to start the second-half opener.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 58
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)