Jul 10, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brad Como of SNY reports that tests on Gee revealed a clot in the artery of his right shoulder.
UPDATE #2: Gee will be placed on the disabled list and is expected to remain in the hospital for another day or two while doctors monitor the clot after they used a catheter to break it up.
“They aren’t sure what it is yet,” Collins told Rubin, adding that Gee is scheduled to undergo an angiogram and further testing.
Gee was admitted to the hospital Monday and Rubin talked to an unnamed Mets teammate who said “the issue was believed to be blood-related in Gee’s shoulder.”
Gee, who’s emerged as a solid mid-rotation starter for the Mets at age 26 and threw 110 innings with a 4.10 ERA and 97/29 K/BB ratio in the first half, is lined up to start the second-half opener.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 0
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 30
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 43
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 57
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (106)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)