Jul 10, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
UPDATE: Brad Como of SNY reports that tests on Gee revealed a clot in the artery of his right shoulder.
UPDATE #2: Gee will be placed on the disabled list and is expected to remain in the hospital for another day or two while doctors monitor the clot after they used a catheter to break it up.
“They aren’t sure what it is yet,” Collins told Rubin, adding that Gee is scheduled to undergo an angiogram and further testing.
Gee was admitted to the hospital Monday and Rubin talked to an unnamed Mets teammate who said “the issue was believed to be blood-related in Gee’s shoulder.”
Gee, who’s emerged as a solid mid-rotation starter for the Mets at age 26 and threw 110 innings with a 4.10 ERA and 97/29 K/BB ratio in the first half, is lined up to start the second-half opener.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 18
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 81
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 6
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (82)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)