Jul 10, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Baltimore decided not to wait until the second half officially began, activating Nick Markakis from the disabled list after the outfielder missed the past six weeks with a broken hamate bone in his right wrist.
Markakis showed he was ready to return by homering twice during a brief three-game rehab assignment in the minors. He homered a total of eight times in 50 games for the Orioles prior to the injury.
Baltimore started five different players in right field during Markakis’ absence, with Chris Davis getting most of the action there recently.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 22
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)