Jul 10, 2012, 8:23 AM EST
Cole Hamels has sat for a zillion interviews and has been asked a zillion questions about the possibility of being traded mid-season, and he has totally avoided any hint of controversy in his answers. Not an easy trick given how delicate the politics of trades and free agency and all of that is. One “Oh, I’d love to play for the Dodgers” could turn into a little arglebargle that no on ever wants, but he’s avoided it.
Papelbon was asked how the Phillies’ clubhouse would react if Hamels was traded.“I don’t know,” he said, at first pondering the question. “That’s hard to say. I definitely don’t think we should [trade him]. I don’t think he’s trying to jump ship by any means.“I don’t necessarily know if our clubhouse would take that too well.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)